Child and Family Services of Northern Michigan is gearing up for our Festival of Tables Fund-raising event. The event will take place at the Hagerty Center in Traverse City, MI on May 14th and 15th. This is the main fund-raising event for the organization and if you have not attended this event in the past, you MUST attend this year. Holly Hack, Loan Officer for Bank of America and Colleen Macdonald, Owner of Mustards restaurant are the co-chairs of the event and are doing a fabulous job to create a fun and festive event. There will be a silent and live auction, lots of food and many wonderful attendees.
Child and Family Services opened in traverse City in 1937 as a branch of the Michigan Children's Aid Society, whose purpose was to"To strengthen and nurture children and families by ensuring their safety and well-being while promoting healing and growth through education, support, and advocacy."
As northwestern Michigan has grown and changed, so, too has Child and Family Services changed to respond to the issues relevant to children and families today. Through programs that address the continuum of people's social and emotional needs, the professionals of Child and Family Services improve the health and well-being of the whole community.
Child and Family Services is a nonprofit organization serving some 4,000 people in 12 counties each year. offices in Traverse City and Habor Springs house more than 60 staff members. Child and family Services mission is: "to promote the safety and well-being of children, adults and famalies by providing services that foster and develop social and emotional healing and growth."
Child and Family Services programs are:
- foster care and foster home licensing
- infant and special needs adoption services
- behavioral health services/counseling
- juvenile justice, including substance abuse monitoring, community service supervision, mentoring, and experiential therapy
- VOCA: treatment and support for child survivors of sexual abuse
- pregnancy and birth counseling
- Family Group Decision Making: an intensive family preservation program
- safe, supervised visitation for children and families
- Development: securing the financial future of the organziation
We are currently seeking sponsors for our fund-raising event and would urge each and everyone of you to look deep into your heart and consider making a donation to this wonderful event. For additional information, please contact Christine Stalsonburg, Sponsorship Committee Member at 231-944-0854.
We are changing children's lives - One child at a time.