This is a fantastic blog that speaks about integrating social marketing with relationship marketing. Relationship marketing has always been a much smarter way to market. I am going to work on implementing some of Emma's tips into what I do each day. It makes a lot of sense.
Social Media... Social Marketing... Social Networking...
Buzz words that have been around for at least 3 years now but only now continuing to catch more steam.
This morning, I just heard giant CBS Studios promotin CBSSocialMedia.com
If you're already have online presence using Social Media Marketing, congratulations! You're on your way to becoming known, liked and trusted. After all, isn't that why we're taking the time to learn the ropes? So we can attract more prospects and convert them into clients?
One would expect that being in social media denotes that one needs to be... well... social. Social Media marketing is really NOT marketing but the art of engaging. This is not a vehicle to be used to pitch your product and services constantly but to let people know about you and what you have to serve them with.
Are you a naturally social person? If so, do you find it easy or not as easy to socialize "virtually"?
Interestingly enough, being social offline doesn't guarantee that it will be easy for you to be social online. The opposite is also true, if you are somewhat introverted and shy offline, it doesn't mean that you will have a difficult time connecting online.
How can you efforless put the "social" into Social Media Marketing?
For the past 2 years, I have created my brand The Relational Marketer. I used those 2 years, learning, implementing, connecting and giving value. Now, after hundreds of thousands invested in courses, seminars and mentors and many happy clients served, I am confident to say that I know a thing aor two about how to create a V.I.P. Brand that is Visible, Influential and Profitable and it all starts with knowing how to become a social being online!
Here are my "Top 7 Relational Marketing Secrets To Put The Social Into Social Marketing":
1) When you ask to connect with people on FB or Twitter, address them by name.
2) When you acknowledge someone's post or comment on your FB Wall, again, call them by name!
3) Check your "Newsfeed" and see and engage in the conversation and again, address people by name.
4) If you blog, why not feature someone from your friends list who are doing remarkable things then post the blog link on your Wall and let the person know that you wrote about them and "Tag" their name so it will also show on their Wall.
5) If you're comfortable with video, create a video testimonial for a mentor, industry leader, author you admire or have learned something relevant from and be sure to let them know that you have a video out there about them by either posting it on their FB Wall or uploading the video on YouTube and sharing it on their Twitter or FB profiles.
6) Become a Connector! If you know people who would benefit from another's products and/or services, connect both of them by "tagging" each other's names on your Post so the post will also show on their Wall.
7) Be a blog commentor! If there are blogs you like to read from and have subscribed via RSS, leave a comment and post those blogposts on your FB and Twitter Wall and tag the author... you will not only gain a great connection but you will also be visible to the people following them.
There you have it! Now go and socialize and let me know of your progress...
Until next time, I am right here...
Cheering You On To Your Success!
"The Relational Marketer"